Sunday, April 18, 2010

 



A vacation that served to rejuvenate me and on which I ended up having the most fun that I have had for quite some time, is symbolised by this picture.
It was exactly like what this shows- A stormy sea swathed in pseudo-calmness given to it by the cool winds blowing along with the tang of salt in them. I, like the lonely ship, battling through it all, chopping and swaying precariously but still managing to stay afloat, catch some fish, enjoy the sights. Wanting to reach the land, for fear that the huge sea is a mirage, but dreading it at the same time, because here on the sea I was free to explore my mind and catch as many whiffs of the salty air as I want, but there on the ground, awaited the responsibility of cleaning, cooking and eating the fish. I had exams to face the moment I got back. I wanted to meet them head on and prove myself and get them over with, but I also wanted to linger for a moment longer, just until the sun got down. Just until the stars filled the sky. Just until the moon lit up the way home. Just until I could close my eyes and capture that scene in my mind's eye, once and for all.
Just one picture, clicked probably nonchalantly, but the range of feelings it hid within. Sort of shocks me too.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. The vacation was meant to lift your spirits, not depress you even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...it didn't depress me !
    But you know I have the ability of reading too much into things...this is just another example of that ! :P

    ReplyDelete