Monday, December 1, 2008

Bhel Puri...

A typical day in college is like bhel puri! Sometimes....its just right! But sometimes.....chutney kum pad jaati hai! :D Now, for the bhel puri to be just right..the kurmure, the chutneys, the sev and the puri are obviously necessary! Buuuut.....if you eat them separately....then the tangy spicy flavour just doesn't assail your taste buds...! What I mean to say by this mouth-watering metaphor is, that my bhel puri is a direct function of it's ingredients.....me and my friends!

I have been having some amazing 'chaat' in college for the last few months....! The group is a rag-tag bunch of people.....each and everyone of whom adds their own unique flavour....and completes my day in some way or the other! Let me begin with the always 'hyper', always tensed and very reliable CR of our class!! What would we do without her shusshhhing us every moment?!?! Oh but she has some 'favourites'...the girl I will for now call 'the Joker'! And I don't mean it in the Dark Knight way....! :D The ever-smiling, water-sipping Joker is the one who bears the brunt of our CR's scolding everyday!! But hey, so does the girl who has described the college in a filmi dialogue which we won't ever forget....!! The way these two fight....I feel like butting in....punching them both....and finishing the job once and for all!!! Really....aisa kyun karte hai yeh log???

And so...we move on to the 'Two Sisters', one of whom shares her birthday with me!! They seem quiet and generally unruffled....but get them on the phone and they can blabber away to glory!!! Oh, and supposedly, or so one of them says, I share not only my bday but my nature with the other!! Well....then you have the 'Shaitan'....or shall I say, 'the Matt Effect'?! Or maybe 'the Butterfly'...! She is never still....always upbeat....moving around...talking to everyone....and yes, she has one 'just a friend'!! ;D Then there is 'Tension-free dips'! She is just like me in many ways....both of us never take tension....we do a lot of tp...and we never study till the last moment! He he! Her total opposite are two girls I will call the 'Tension Queens'! You would think the most difficult questions in any exam are going to be specially reserved for them!! :D ! But hey, they are a whole lot of fun too.....one of them shares my love for books...especially HP....and the other can understand just what I mime when I don't feel like talking....!!

Speaking of tension....how can I forget the girl who has been bugging all and sundry about the KT rules!!! I guess she is the girl who has 'Attitude Unlimited'...!! And is always ready for any tp...any eating plan....anything the group comes up with!!! Talking of 'attitude'....there comes to my mind the girl....who has been frequently and rightly called the 'Babe of the First Year'!! With all her supposed link-ups....you may mistake her for a 'tp' sort of a girl....but take note...she isn't that....because what has also been rightly said about her is that she is very straightforward...!!

Such is the bhel puri I get to have everyday....and yes....I am loving it....though this was said with a burger in mind...he he! The proportions of the chutneys goes haywire sometimes....the puri is not that crispy on some days.....but during and after a long, tiring day....this bhel puri is what keeps me going!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey such an awesome & detailed desccription of our group...........
    an awesome job done by u....
    its too good....!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hieee dear,,,perfect bhel made by u! perfect description of our grp......awesmome work

    ReplyDelete